Cherry Jones Backs Out of Emmys Nomination
Actress Cherry Jones has sparked speculation of a rift with the producers of "24" after withdrawing herself from consideration for an Emmy nomination for her role on the show. Jones won the prestigious TV award for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama last year for her turn as U.S. President Allison Taylor in the hit series.
But she has removed herself from contention for the prize this year, following remarks suggesting she was dissatisfied with her character's storyline in the programme's final season, which ended last month.
The star told EW.com, "By the end of the season, these guys (producers) are just this side of brain dead. They have been trying so hard. They don't have an arc. Most TV shows would have an arc and they would figure out how to nudge everybody in the direction they wanted to go... (The producers) try to follow things they think will be the most shocking."
The 2010 Primetime Emmy nominations will be announced on July 8, with the ceremony scheduled for August 29.
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective