Cherry Jones Backs Out of Emmys Nomination
Actress Cherry Jones has sparked speculation of a rift with the producers of "24" after withdrawing herself from consideration for an Emmy nomination for her role on the show. Jones won the prestigious TV award for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama last year for her turn as U.S. President Allison Taylor in the hit series.
But she has removed herself from contention for the prize this year, following remarks suggesting she was dissatisfied with her character's storyline in the programme's final season, which ended last month.
The star told EW.com, "By the end of the season, these guys (producers) are just this side of brain dead. They have been trying so hard. They don't have an arc. Most TV shows would have an arc and they would figure out how to nudge everybody in the direction they wanted to go... (The producers) try to follow things they think will be the most shocking."
The 2010 Primetime Emmy nominations will be announced on July 8, with the ceremony scheduled for August 29.
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert