Woody Harrelson Scores Winning Goal at Charity Soccer Game
Woody Harrelson led his team to victory in Robbie Williams' charity soccer game on Sunday, June 6 after scoring the winning goal. Pro players and Brit celebrities, including pop star Williams, represented England at the match, going head-to-head against the Rest of the World team, which was comprised of Harrelson, actors Mike Myers and Michael Sheen and celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, among others.
Both squads were forced to take part in a penalty shoot-out to determine a winner after the game came to a tie. Williams, who served as captain for the England team, failed to score a goal in the tense showdown, prompting Harrelson to participate in a subsequent sudden death heat.
And the "Cheers" star was celebrating after smashing the ball into the back of the net, clinching the win for the Rest of the World squad. A relieved Harrelson later told reporters the game was "the most terrifying thing I have ever experienced". The event, held in Manchester, England, raised over $3 million for children's charity UNICEF.
More Woody Harrelson News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story