Woody Harrelson Scores Winning Goal at Charity Soccer Game
Woody Harrelson led his team to victory in Robbie Williams' charity soccer game on Sunday, June 6 after scoring the winning goal. Pro players and Brit celebrities, including pop star Williams, represented England at the match, going head-to-head against the Rest of the World team, which was comprised of Harrelson, actors Mike Myers and Michael Sheen and celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, among others.
Both squads were forced to take part in a penalty shoot-out to determine a winner after the game came to a tie. Williams, who served as captain for the England team, failed to score a goal in the tense showdown, prompting Harrelson to participate in a subsequent sudden death heat.
And the "Cheers" star was celebrating after smashing the ball into the back of the net, clinching the win for the Rest of the World squad. A relieved Harrelson later told reporters the game was "the most terrifying thing I have ever experienced". The event, held in Manchester, England, raised over $3 million for children's charity UNICEF.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival