Woody Harrelson Scores Winning Goal at Charity Soccer Game
Woody Harrelson led his team to victory in Robbie Williams' charity soccer game on Sunday, June 6 after scoring the winning goal. Pro players and Brit celebrities, including pop star Williams, represented England at the match, going head-to-head against the Rest of the World team, which was comprised of Harrelson, actors Mike Myers and Michael Sheen and celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, among others.
Both squads were forced to take part in a penalty shoot-out to determine a winner after the game came to a tie. Williams, who served as captain for the England team, failed to score a goal in the tense showdown, prompting Harrelson to participate in a subsequent sudden death heat.
And the "Cheers" star was celebrating after smashing the ball into the back of the net, clinching the win for the Rest of the World squad. A relieved Harrelson later told reporters the game was "the most terrifying thing I have ever experienced". The event, held in Manchester, England, raised over $3 million for children's charity UNICEF.
More Woody Harrelson News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic