Woody Harrelson Scores Winning Goal at Charity Soccer Game
Woody Harrelson led his team to victory in Robbie Williams' charity soccer game on Sunday, June 6 after scoring the winning goal. Pro players and Brit celebrities, including pop star Williams, represented England at the match, going head-to-head against the Rest of the World team, which was comprised of Harrelson, actors Mike Myers and Michael Sheen and celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, among others.
Both squads were forced to take part in a penalty shoot-out to determine a winner after the game came to a tie. Williams, who served as captain for the England team, failed to score a goal in the tense showdown, prompting Harrelson to participate in a subsequent sudden death heat.
And the "Cheers" star was celebrating after smashing the ball into the back of the net, clinching the win for the Rest of the World squad. A relieved Harrelson later told reporters the game was "the most terrifying thing I have ever experienced". The event, held in Manchester, England, raised over $3 million for children's charity UNICEF.
More Woody Harrelson News
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors