Eli Roth Wants to Use Urchin Spike as Weapon in Horror Movie
Moviemaker Eli Roth has asked medics at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles to hand over the urchin spike they recently extracted from his foot - because he wants it as a keepsake and potential horror film prop. The "Inglourious Basterds" star is still hobbling around after the last pin from his near-death urchin experience five months ago was removed on May 19.
The actor/director was holidaying in Mexico when a kayaking adventure went wrong and he was pulled towards a sink hole. Roth managed to swim to a rock, only to find it was covered with poisonous urchins and he was stung 200 times.
And now, months after the horrendous attack, Roth is still undergoing treatment for his injuries. He had hoped the spike would work its way out naturally but doctors eventually decided surgery was the best option.
He tells WENN, "There was one last urchin pin I was hoping would dissolve and it just was killing me. It had been in there five months and I was told that surgery ran the risk of leaving a scar on the bottom of my foot that could actually hurt if I walked. So I was really trying to wait it out." He further says, "This amazing surgeon at UCLA orthopedic (sic) was able to cut open the top of my foot and get it out. So I'm now walking around, urchin free. Although I have to take it easy and I can't jog."
And he wants the pin that caused him so much discomfort back: "I am tracking down that pin from the hospital. I definitely want to use it as a weapon in some future horror movie!"
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3