Joe Jackson Demands Publication of Michael Jackson's Posthumous Earnings
Joe Jackson's lawyer is demanding publication of Michael Jackson's posthumous earnings following reports his estate has made $900 million since his death last year. The King of Pop passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest on June 25 and fans flocked to buy his albums and merchandise in the aftermath.
Since his death, Jackson's estate administrators have signed a $250 million deal with Sony which gave the record label full access to the singer's back catalogue and unreleased material. The release of his "This Is It" film, which gave fans a glimpse of Jackson in rehearsals for his ill-fated London tour residency, made more than $260 million.
An insider tells Britain's Sunday Mirror, "The estate has made around $900 million in cash since Michael's death. This is an incredible amount. No other artist has ever made that much since they died. It should ensure Michael goes down in history as the greatest artist of all time."
But Joe Jackson, who wants a share of the estate, is fuming - and his legal team is calling for administrators to publish details of the star's posthumous earnings. He tells the publication, "They are being too secretive. The public has a right to know what the estate is doing in his name."
More Michael Jackson News
- Snoop Dogg Unveils Cover Art of New Album 'Neva Left'
- Serena Williams Pens Touching Love Note to Her Unborn Child
- Naughty Ashley Graham Flaunts Major Cleavage While Dancing in Sexy Lingerie
- Kygo Releases Heartbreaking Video for 'It Ain't Me' Ft. Selena Gomez
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Features Shocking Elimination on 'Boy Bands and Girl Groups' Night
- See the Bonding Between Characters in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Featurette
- Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Flaunt Beach Bodies in Skimpy Bikinis During Mexican Trip
- Mel B Claims Stephen Belafonte Is Involved in Porn Industry