Joe Jackson Demands Publication of Michael Jackson's Posthumous Earnings
Joe Jackson's lawyer is demanding publication of Michael Jackson's posthumous earnings following reports his estate has made $900 million since his death last year. The King of Pop passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest on June 25 and fans flocked to buy his albums and merchandise in the aftermath.
Since his death, Jackson's estate administrators have signed a $250 million deal with Sony which gave the record label full access to the singer's back catalogue and unreleased material. The release of his "This Is It" film, which gave fans a glimpse of Jackson in rehearsals for his ill-fated London tour residency, made more than $260 million.
An insider tells Britain's Sunday Mirror, "The estate has made around $900 million in cash since Michael's death. This is an incredible amount. No other artist has ever made that much since they died. It should ensure Michael goes down in history as the greatest artist of all time."
But Joe Jackson, who wants a share of the estate, is fuming - and his legal team is calling for administrators to publish details of the star's posthumous earnings. He tells the publication, "They are being too secretive. The public has a right to know what the estate is doing in his name."
More Michael Jackson News
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters