Cheryl Cole to Receive $6.8 Million in Divorce Payout
British singer Cheryl Cole is set to receive a $6.8 million payout when her divorce to soccer star Ashley Cole is finalized, according to a U.K. report. The Girls Aloud hitmaker walked out on the sports star earlier this year following allegations he cheated on her with four women.
Cole reportedly asked for a quick divorce when she started proceedings last month. She was said to be prepared to allow her former partner keep their marital home in Surrey, England and not demand any financial support. But now it has emerged the singer will receive a lump sum from the soccer player when the divorce is finalized later this year, reports Britain's The Sun.
A source tells the publication, "He can't believe she will walk away with nothing. She worked as hard as him for their possessions." Cole will reportedly be granted a decree nisi in early August, with the divorce set to be completed six weeks later.
More Cheryl Cole News
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick