Cheryl Cole to Receive $6.8 Million in Divorce Payout
British singer Cheryl Cole is set to receive a $6.8 million payout when her divorce to soccer star Ashley Cole is finalized, according to a U.K. report. The Girls Aloud hitmaker walked out on the sports star earlier this year following allegations he cheated on her with four women.
Cole reportedly asked for a quick divorce when she started proceedings last month. She was said to be prepared to allow her former partner keep their marital home in Surrey, England and not demand any financial support. But now it has emerged the singer will receive a lump sum from the soccer player when the divorce is finalized later this year, reports Britain's The Sun.
A source tells the publication, "He can't believe she will walk away with nothing. She worked as hard as him for their possessions." Cole will reportedly be granted a decree nisi in early August, with the divorce set to be completed six weeks later.
More Cheryl Cole News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris