'Dark Knight' Actor Gary Oldman to Direct Aspiring Singer's Music Video
"The Dark Knight" star Gary Oldman has given an aspiring singer/songwriter a big boost by agreeing to direct his new video. The British actor has become a fan of Los Angeles-based Jonathan Clark and when he heard the singer was struggling to put his first promo together for the single "I'll Be There", Oldman stepped in to help out.
The movie star says, "His musicianship, his writing, and his musical knowledge is quite staggering! He has made a brilliant, heartfelt debut album that I hope marks the start of a long career." He adds, "Working with Jonathan on his video was such a joy. He is totally at home around a camera and his natural gift for acting made the entire process a pleasure from beginning to end."
Clark isn't short of celebrity fans - he has played bass behind stars like Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Dwight Yoakam and Michael McDonald. Oldman also offers background vocals on two tracks on Clark's debut album, "I'm Just Sayin' ".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences