Gary Coleman Planned to Remarry Ex-Wife Shannon Price
Gary Coleman was planning to remarry his ex-wife when his health improved - but the actor died before he could fully recover from heart surgery. Coleman and Shannon Price quietly divorced just days before they were due to celebrate their first wedding anniversary in 2008, but the couple remained friends and lived together.
Price was with the former "Diff'rent Strokes" star when he fell at the home they shared in Utah and suffered a brain hemorrhage last week. Price also had her ex-husband's written permission to make medical decisions on his behalf, and she permitted doctors to turn off the actors life support system on May 28 after he fell into a coma and she was advised to let him die.
And now the couple's agent, Sheila Erickson, tells Us Magazine her clients had planned to get married again. She says, "They were recently talking about getting remarried. They were waiting for Gary's health to get better. In fact, Gary wanted to (wed) two weeks ago."
Erickson reveals Coleman always referred to Price as his wife, adding, "Even though they were divorced, it wasn't something that stopped them from being together. It (divorce papers) was just a piece of paper to Gary and Shannon." The agent reveals Coleman and Price decided to split after realizing that they had "jumped into something too soon".
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?