Gary Coleman Planned to Remarry Ex-Wife Shannon Price
Gary Coleman was planning to remarry his ex-wife when his health improved - but the actor died before he could fully recover from heart surgery. Coleman and Shannon Price quietly divorced just days before they were due to celebrate their first wedding anniversary in 2008, but the couple remained friends and lived together.
Price was with the former "Diff'rent Strokes" star when he fell at the home they shared in Utah and suffered a brain hemorrhage last week. Price also had her ex-husband's written permission to make medical decisions on his behalf, and she permitted doctors to turn off the actors life support system on May 28 after he fell into a coma and she was advised to let him die.
And now the couple's agent, Sheila Erickson, tells Us Magazine her clients had planned to get married again. She says, "They were recently talking about getting remarried. They were waiting for Gary's health to get better. In fact, Gary wanted to (wed) two weeks ago."
Erickson reveals Coleman always referred to Price as his wife, adding, "Even though they were divorced, it wasn't something that stopped them from being together. It (divorce papers) was just a piece of paper to Gary and Shannon." The agent reveals Coleman and Price decided to split after realizing that they had "jumped into something too soon".
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'