Bret Michaels Hopes Fans Would Understand Him on Tour
Bret Michaels is heading out on tour just a month after suffering a brain haemorrhage and weeks after a mild stroke alerted medics to the fact he has a hole in his heart. The rocker returned to the stage in Mississippi last week (28May10) and he performed a show in Minnesota on Thursday, June 3 night - and now he's ready to pick up dates he had to postpone when he fell ill.
He tells Billboard.com, "I think this is good for my soul. Honestly, I'm taking every precaution. I'm not doing anything stupid. I'm going on stage and telling the fans that I'm going to give 100 per cent of everything I've got, but if it's only 75 or 80 per cent, I think they will understand."
Michaels' health crisis began in April when he underwent an emergency appendectomy. He suffered a brain haemorrhage as he was recuperating. And, as he was recovering at home after that he suffered a warning stroke and was diagnosed with a hole in the heart.
The Poison star insists it's important for him to get back to what he does best: "I don't want my legacy to be that I had a brain haemorrhage. I want it to be that I rocked, I treated people with respect and I made a lot of good friends along the way."
He admits he will be taking special care to follow doctor's orders on the road - resting before and after concerts and taking blood-thinning medication to prepare for upcoming surgery to repair his heart condition.
Michaels also plans to record a new album and he's also recording a reality TV series, "Life As I Know It".
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special