Nicole Scherzinger Cast in Neil Patrick Harris' 'Rent'
The Pussycat Dolls star Nicole Scherzinger is set to hit the high notes alongside Vanessa Hudgens this summer after signing up for a part in Neil Patrick Harris' stage directorial debut "Rent".
The "Buttons" hitmaker will portray Maureen in the one-off Los Angeles production when it hits the Hollywood Bowl for three nights in August. And Harris, who starred in the Los Angeles production of "Rent" in 1997, is so far impressed by the pop star's stage presence.
He says: "Nicole had a wonderful audition - she was well prepared, sang beautifully, and had us all laughing. If only she was somewhat attractive and didn't have two left feet... I'm very excited to have finally finished the casting process, and look forward to rolling up my sleeves and start rehearsing."
The gig follows Scherzinger's recent success as the winner of hit U.S. celebrity TV competition "Dancing with the Stars".
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why