Nicole Scherzinger Cast in Neil Patrick Harris' 'Rent'
The Pussycat Dolls star Nicole Scherzinger is set to hit the high notes alongside Vanessa Hudgens this summer after signing up for a part in Neil Patrick Harris' stage directorial debut "Rent".
The "Buttons" hitmaker will portray Maureen in the one-off Los Angeles production when it hits the Hollywood Bowl for three nights in August. And Harris, who starred in the Los Angeles production of "Rent" in 1997, is so far impressed by the pop star's stage presence.
He says: "Nicole had a wonderful audition - she was well prepared, sang beautifully, and had us all laughing. If only she was somewhat attractive and didn't have two left feet... I'm very excited to have finally finished the casting process, and look forward to rolling up my sleeves and start rehearsing."
The gig follows Scherzinger's recent success as the winner of hit U.S. celebrity TV competition "Dancing with the Stars".
More Nicole Scherzinger News
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion