Nicole Scherzinger Cast in Neil Patrick Harris' 'Rent'
The Pussycat Dolls star Nicole Scherzinger is set to hit the high notes alongside Vanessa Hudgens this summer after signing up for a part in Neil Patrick Harris' stage directorial debut "Rent".
The "Buttons" hitmaker will portray Maureen in the one-off Los Angeles production when it hits the Hollywood Bowl for three nights in August. And Harris, who starred in the Los Angeles production of "Rent" in 1997, is so far impressed by the pop star's stage presence.
He says: "Nicole had a wonderful audition - she was well prepared, sang beautifully, and had us all laughing. If only she was somewhat attractive and didn't have two left feet... I'm very excited to have finally finished the casting process, and look forward to rolling up my sleeves and start rehearsing."
The gig follows Scherzinger's recent success as the winner of hit U.S. celebrity TV competition "Dancing with the Stars".
More Nicole Scherzinger News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo