Nicole Scherzinger Cast in Neil Patrick Harris' 'Rent'
The Pussycat Dolls star Nicole Scherzinger is set to hit the high notes alongside Vanessa Hudgens this summer after signing up for a part in Neil Patrick Harris' stage directorial debut "Rent".
The "Buttons" hitmaker will portray Maureen in the one-off Los Angeles production when it hits the Hollywood Bowl for three nights in August. And Harris, who starred in the Los Angeles production of "Rent" in 1997, is so far impressed by the pop star's stage presence.
He says: "Nicole had a wonderful audition - she was well prepared, sang beautifully, and had us all laughing. If only she was somewhat attractive and didn't have two left feet... I'm very excited to have finally finished the casting process, and look forward to rolling up my sleeves and start rehearsing."
The gig follows Scherzinger's recent success as the winner of hit U.S. celebrity TV competition "Dancing with the Stars".
More Nicole Scherzinger News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart