Nicole Scherzinger Cast in Neil Patrick Harris' 'Rent'
The Pussycat Dolls star Nicole Scherzinger is set to hit the high notes alongside Vanessa Hudgens this summer after signing up for a part in Neil Patrick Harris' stage directorial debut "Rent".
The "Buttons" hitmaker will portray Maureen in the one-off Los Angeles production when it hits the Hollywood Bowl for three nights in August. And Harris, who starred in the Los Angeles production of "Rent" in 1997, is so far impressed by the pop star's stage presence.
He says: "Nicole had a wonderful audition - she was well prepared, sang beautifully, and had us all laughing. If only she was somewhat attractive and didn't have two left feet... I'm very excited to have finally finished the casting process, and look forward to rolling up my sleeves and start rehearsing."
The gig follows Scherzinger's recent success as the winner of hit U.S. celebrity TV competition "Dancing with the Stars".
More Nicole Scherzinger News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance