Heather Mills Wins Legal Battle Against Former Nanny
Sir Paul McCartney's ex-wife Heather Mills has won a court battle with a former nanny who accused her of sex discrimination and unfair dismissal. An employment tribunal heard in March that Sara Trumble alleged Mills forced her to work overtime without pay and then replaced her when she gave birth to a daughter.
In April, Mills took the stand and told the court her relationship with the child carer broke down when Trumble asked for $6,000 for cosmetic surgery. Trumble lost her case against the reality TV star on Friday, June 4, following a three-day hearing at Ashford Employment Tribunal in Kent, south-east England.
Speaking of Mills' relief at the ruling, her spokesperson said in a statement, "Heather is delighted with the decision of the Employment Tribunal that has dismissed all of Sara Trumble's claims. Heather was always a very fair and generous employer to Sara and is very pleased that this has been confirmed by Judge Vowles and the Tribunal members unanimously in the judgment."
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress