Whitney Houston Booed When Making Tribute Speech to Michael Jackson
Whitney Houston's troubled tour has derailed yet again - hundreds of fans walked out of a show in Denmark over her faltering voice. The R&B star's highly-anticipated comeback trek has been blighted by poor reviews and criticism from some fans that her vocals are too weak to carry the show.
She scrapped a string of European concerts in April after she was hospitalized with nose and throat problems, and was later booed by an audience in Birmingham, England because her singing was off-key. Now she is facing renewed concerns for her health after hordes of fans in Copenhagen left her show midway through, complaining about Houston's poor performance.
She then reportedly turned on a section of the audience when some fans began booing as she made a speech paying tribute to Michael Jackson. According to the Copenhagen Post, critics from "all of the major media outlets" in the country slammed the concert, insisting Houston's vocals were weak and tuneless.
Critic Thomas Soie Hansen, of the Berlingske Tidende newspaper, writes: "She looked and sounded like a person who doesn't have many years left to live. At the end of the show she looked like she was ready to explode."
More Whitney Houston News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective