Whitney Houston Booed When Making Tribute Speech to Michael Jackson
Whitney Houston's troubled tour has derailed yet again - hundreds of fans walked out of a show in Denmark over her faltering voice. The R&B star's highly-anticipated comeback trek has been blighted by poor reviews and criticism from some fans that her vocals are too weak to carry the show.
She scrapped a string of European concerts in April after she was hospitalized with nose and throat problems, and was later booed by an audience in Birmingham, England because her singing was off-key. Now she is facing renewed concerns for her health after hordes of fans in Copenhagen left her show midway through, complaining about Houston's poor performance.
She then reportedly turned on a section of the audience when some fans began booing as she made a speech paying tribute to Michael Jackson. According to the Copenhagen Post, critics from "all of the major media outlets" in the country slammed the concert, insisting Houston's vocals were weak and tuneless.
Critic Thomas Soie Hansen, of the Berlingske Tidende newspaper, writes: "She looked and sounded like a person who doesn't have many years left to live. At the end of the show she looked like she was ready to explode."
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton