Whitney Houston Booed When Making Tribute Speech to Michael Jackson
Whitney Houston's troubled tour has derailed yet again - hundreds of fans walked out of a show in Denmark over her faltering voice. The R&B star's highly-anticipated comeback trek has been blighted by poor reviews and criticism from some fans that her vocals are too weak to carry the show.
She scrapped a string of European concerts in April after she was hospitalized with nose and throat problems, and was later booed by an audience in Birmingham, England because her singing was off-key. Now she is facing renewed concerns for her health after hordes of fans in Copenhagen left her show midway through, complaining about Houston's poor performance.
She then reportedly turned on a section of the audience when some fans began booing as she made a speech paying tribute to Michael Jackson. According to the Copenhagen Post, critics from "all of the major media outlets" in the country slammed the concert, insisting Houston's vocals were weak and tuneless.
Critic Thomas Soie Hansen, of the Berlingske Tidende newspaper, writes: "She looked and sounded like a person who doesn't have many years left to live. At the end of the show she looked like she was ready to explode."
More Whitney Houston News
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower