Snow White Brought Back to Big Screen in 'Edgier' Modern Tale
Snow White is heading for a Hollywood make-over - movie bosses are preparing a big-budget blockbuster based on the classic fairytale. The story was made famous by the Brothers Grimm and is best remembered in 1937 animated Disney classic, "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", but other incarnations have included little-known 1997 horror "Snow White: A Tale of Terror", starring Sigourney Weaver and Sam Neill.
Now Hollywood executives are hoping to follow the success of Tim Burton's recent re-imagining of "Alice in Wonderland" by bringing Snow White back to the big screen in an "edgier" modern tale called "The Brothers Grimm: Snow White". "X-Men: The Last Stand" director Brett Ratner will act as a producer on the project.
"Meet Bill" director Bernie Goldmann, who is also producing, reveals several high-profile names have already expressed an interest in the film, but he's refusing to divulge any details. He tells Variety.com, "Talent and directors of the highest level have already responded to the new, edgier concept, and to (the) script."
"While retaining the elements of the beloved Brothers Grimm tale, this is certainly not your mother's Snow White."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media