Snow White Brought Back to Big Screen in 'Edgier' Modern Tale
Snow White is heading for a Hollywood make-over - movie bosses are preparing a big-budget blockbuster based on the classic fairytale. The story was made famous by the Brothers Grimm and is best remembered in 1937 animated Disney classic, "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", but other incarnations have included little-known 1997 horror "Snow White: A Tale of Terror", starring Sigourney Weaver and Sam Neill.
Now Hollywood executives are hoping to follow the success of Tim Burton's recent re-imagining of "Alice in Wonderland" by bringing Snow White back to the big screen in an "edgier" modern tale called "The Brothers Grimm: Snow White". "X-Men: The Last Stand" director Brett Ratner will act as a producer on the project.
"Meet Bill" director Bernie Goldmann, who is also producing, reveals several high-profile names have already expressed an interest in the film, but he's refusing to divulge any details. He tells Variety.com, "Talent and directors of the highest level have already responded to the new, edgier concept, and to (the) script."
"While retaining the elements of the beloved Brothers Grimm tale, this is certainly not your mother's Snow White."
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?