Snow White Brought Back to Big Screen in 'Edgier' Modern Tale
Snow White is heading for a Hollywood make-over - movie bosses are preparing a big-budget blockbuster based on the classic fairytale. The story was made famous by the Brothers Grimm and is best remembered in 1937 animated Disney classic, "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", but other incarnations have included little-known 1997 horror "Snow White: A Tale of Terror", starring Sigourney Weaver and Sam Neill.
Now Hollywood executives are hoping to follow the success of Tim Burton's recent re-imagining of "Alice in Wonderland" by bringing Snow White back to the big screen in an "edgier" modern tale called "The Brothers Grimm: Snow White". "X-Men: The Last Stand" director Brett Ratner will act as a producer on the project.
"Meet Bill" director Bernie Goldmann, who is also producing, reveals several high-profile names have already expressed an interest in the film, but he's refusing to divulge any details. He tells Variety.com, "Talent and directors of the highest level have already responded to the new, edgier concept, and to (the) script."
"While retaining the elements of the beloved Brothers Grimm tale, this is certainly not your mother's Snow White."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame