John Wayne's Children Embroiled in Legal Battle Over His Fortune
The children of legendary actor John Wayne are involved in a stand-off over the late film cowboy's fortune. Two of the star's kids, Aissa and Ethan, from Wayne's third marriage to Pilar Pallete, have become embroiled in a legal duel over their share of the actor's estate.
Aissa wants to sell off her portion to her brother, but the pair has disagreed over how much her share of the estate is worth. The former actress wants Ethan to give her a "fair market price" and believes her inheritance is worth $15.4 million, while her brother wants to pay just $10.7 million.
Aissa filed papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Thursday, June 3 asking a judge to rule on exactly how much her share of the estate is worth, according to TMZ.com. Wayne, real name Marion Robert Morrison, died in 1979 after a stellar movie career which spanned nearly 50 years.
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Britney Spears Freaks Out After Sex Tape Leaks Online