John Wayne's Children Embroiled in Legal Battle Over His Fortune
The children of legendary actor John Wayne are involved in a stand-off over the late film cowboy's fortune. Two of the star's kids, Aissa and Ethan, from Wayne's third marriage to Pilar Pallete, have become embroiled in a legal duel over their share of the actor's estate.
Aissa wants to sell off her portion to her brother, but the pair has disagreed over how much her share of the estate is worth. The former actress wants Ethan to give her a "fair market price" and believes her inheritance is worth $15.4 million, while her brother wants to pay just $10.7 million.
Aissa filed papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Thursday, June 3 asking a judge to rule on exactly how much her share of the estate is worth, according to TMZ.com. Wayne, real name Marion Robert Morrison, died in 1979 after a stellar movie career which spanned nearly 50 years.
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip