John Wayne's Children Embroiled in Legal Battle Over His Fortune
The children of legendary actor John Wayne are involved in a stand-off over the late film cowboy's fortune. Two of the star's kids, Aissa and Ethan, from Wayne's third marriage to Pilar Pallete, have become embroiled in a legal duel over their share of the actor's estate.
Aissa wants to sell off her portion to her brother, but the pair has disagreed over how much her share of the estate is worth. The former actress wants Ethan to give her a "fair market price" and believes her inheritance is worth $15.4 million, while her brother wants to pay just $10.7 million.
Aissa filed papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Thursday, June 3 asking a judge to rule on exactly how much her share of the estate is worth, according to TMZ.com. Wayne, real name Marion Robert Morrison, died in 1979 after a stellar movie career which spanned nearly 50 years.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen