James D'Arcy Tapped to Portray King Edward VIII in 'W.E.'
The Queen of Pop has found her king - Madonna has cast Brit actor James D'Arcy as King Edward VIII in her upcoming royal biopic "W.E." The "Material Girl" is sitting in the director's chair for a second time to tell the story of the former British monarch, who abdicated the throne after falling in love with American divorcee Wallis Simpson.
The woman who rocked the royal family will be played by British actress Andrea Riseborough, best known for her TV portrayal of former U.K. Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, while Aussie beauty Abbie Cornish will play a modern wife who compares herself to Wallis.
Now Madonna has chosen "An American Haunting" star D'Arcy to take on the role of King Edward. Producer Colin Vaines says, "We've found the right cast for this picture. The addition of James is wonderful as he's got such charisma and possesses a regal quality that he can capture. There was a real chemistry between him and Andrea."
The pop superstar wrote the screenplay for the movie with Alek Keshishian, the man behind her revealing 1991 documentary "In Bed With Madonna".
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!
- Watch Analeigh Tipton and Sofia Black D'Elia Battle Worm Flu Epidemic in 'Viral' Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Reportedly Pregnant Again With Ex Scott Disick's Baby
- 'Wayward Pines' 2.07 Preview: I Won't Surrender
- Get the Details of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Mid-Nuptial Agreement