Lady GaGa's 'Bloody' Concert Comes Under Fire Following Cumbria Killing Spree
Lady GaGa has come under fire for mimicking a murder scene onstage during a performance in Britain on Wednesday, June 2, as the U.K. comes to terms with two separate killing sprees. The "Poker Face" hitmaker revisited her shocking performance from last year's MTV Video Music Awards at a show in Manchester, England when she pretended to be brutally attacked by her male dancers, before falling to the floor covered in fake blood.
The shocking imagery came on the day cab driver Derrick Bird went on the rampage in Cumbria, England - shooting 12 people dead and leaving 11 others injured, before killing himself. The carnage happened just days after PhD student Stephen Griffiths was charged with murdering three prostitutes in Bradford, North-East England.
Both incidents have left Brits reeling - and revelers at GaGa's gig were disgusted by the pop star's untimely antics. Lydia Haines tells Britain's The Sun, "I'm a huge fan but was shocked like everyone else. It was sick, especially after what happened in Bradford and Cumbria. It was just over the top and gory."
Another concert-goer adds, "I'm absolutely sickened at what I saw. We know Lady GaGa is not exactly mainstream for all the family, but she crossed the line this time. It was extremely tasteless to see her pretend to be attacked in such a gory way, especially in front of kids."
Anti-violence campaigner Lynn Costello, spokesperson for Britain's Mothers Against Violence charity, says, "I wouldn't let any child of mine go to see Lady GaGa - I think she's tasteless anyway and this scene appears to back what I believe."
"Something like this is tasteless at any time but so soon after what happened in Bradford and Cumbria it also shows a total lack of sensitivity to the families of the victims. These people seem more concerned with selling tickets."
More Lady GaGa News
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie