Shauna Sand Approached to Save 'Celebrity Rehab'
TV executives have reportedly signed former Playboy Playmate Shauna Sand to appear on "Celebrity Rehab" in a desperate bid to save the shelved reality show. The latest series of the programme, fronted by celebrity drug and alcohol counselor Dr. Drew Pinsky, was halted earlier this week after producers failed to draw enough big names to tackle their demons in front of the cameras.
TV bosses failed to persuade Liza Minnelli with a reported $500,000 fee to appear as the series' big name, after Lindsay Lohan also rebuffed a $1 million offer. A rep for Minnelli says, "Liza Minnelli, who is beginning a national tour in St. Louis on June 5, is not now nor will ever be on Celebrity Rehab."
However, the show's producers have pressed ahead with signing up other talent for the reality hit and Sand is the latest to join the line-up, according to TMZ.com. The website reports that the model/actress will enter a recovery center in Pasadena, California on Friday, June 4. Tila Tequila, Jason Wahler and rapper Bizzy Bone have all so far agreed to appear on "Celebrity Rehab".
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic