Emotional Sting Got Teary in Concert
Rocker Sting had to fight back tears at the first date in his Symphonicity Tour in Vancouver, Canada on Wednesday, June 2 night as he struggled with stagefright and the sheer weight of what he had accomplished.
The former The Police frontman will tour the world backed by the London Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra and before he debuted orchestral versions of hits like "Roxanne" and "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic", the 58 year old star took a few seconds to savor the moment.
Calling his new band "50 of the best musicians in the world", Sting performed for three hours at the Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts. In an exclusive interview with TV show Entertainment Tonight just before the show, the rocker confessed to being more than a little anxious.
He said, "This is a big deal for me. It's a huge responsibility. At the same time, I'm thrilled - like a kid with a new train set. It's a mixed bag of emotions. I think it's important to have a little bit of nerves, but once I'm on stage, I'm not nervous. Just before you go on, you get that little tingling. I take what I do seriously; I don't take it for granted."
More Sting News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?