Emotional Sting Got Teary in Concert
Rocker Sting had to fight back tears at the first date in his Symphonicity Tour in Vancouver, Canada on Wednesday, June 2 night as he struggled with stagefright and the sheer weight of what he had accomplished.
The former The Police frontman will tour the world backed by the London Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra and before he debuted orchestral versions of hits like "Roxanne" and "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic", the 58 year old star took a few seconds to savor the moment.
Calling his new band "50 of the best musicians in the world", Sting performed for three hours at the Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts. In an exclusive interview with TV show Entertainment Tonight just before the show, the rocker confessed to being more than a little anxious.
He said, "This is a big deal for me. It's a huge responsibility. At the same time, I'm thrilled - like a kid with a new train set. It's a mixed bag of emotions. I think it's important to have a little bit of nerves, but once I'm on stage, I'm not nervous. Just before you go on, you get that little tingling. I take what I do seriously; I don't take it for granted."
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer