California's First Lady to Honor Oprah Winfrey
TV titan Oprah Winfrey will be honored with a special award at the California Women's Conference in October. The talk show legend will be handed the Minerva Award by California's first lady Maria Shriver at the event, which celebrates powerful females who drive change in U.S. society.
Winfrey has been chosen by organizers of the conference for serving "on the frontlines of humanity", specifically for setting up her Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa and her Angel Network charity.
The media mogul announced last month that she has closed down the Angel Network - which she set up in 1997 - as she prepares to step down from her "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in 2011.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding