California's First Lady to Honor Oprah Winfrey
TV titan Oprah Winfrey will be honored with a special award at the California Women's Conference in October. The talk show legend will be handed the Minerva Award by California's first lady Maria Shriver at the event, which celebrates powerful females who drive change in U.S. society.
Winfrey has been chosen by organizers of the conference for serving "on the frontlines of humanity", specifically for setting up her Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa and her Angel Network charity.
The media mogul announced last month that she has closed down the Angel Network - which she set up in 1997 - as she prepares to step down from her "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in 2011.
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson