Ex-Wife on Billy Joel: He Is Great
Billy Joel was a lifesaver for his model ex-wife Christie Brinkley when she was going through her divorce from Peter Cook, he often babysat the couple's kids. Joel and Brinkley remained close friends after their divorce in 1994 and she admits she would have been lost without her ex, who is godfather to her two kids by Cook.
She tells the new issue of Ladies Home Journal, "Billy's great. He's godfather to Jack and Sailor, and you know there have been times when I have had to spend time with lawyers or whatever and he's babysat. He lives nearby, so he's like, 'Send 'em over here!' "
Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley married on March 23, 1985. Following their divorce on August 25, 1994, the then-couple remains friendly.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna