Dad Lands Deal to Create Michael Jackson Museum
Michael Jackson's father is celebrating after landing a new deal to create a museum dedicated to his late son in the family's native Gary, Indiana. Joe Jackson has spent the past decade trying to get the project off the ground and now he states work could begin as early as in 2011 on a $300 millio museum and arts center.
Making the announcement with Gary dignitaries and investors on Wednesday, June 2, Joe Jackson said, "This is a happy day for me because this is something that my family and Michael have always wanted. We're bringing something back."
Gary Mayor Rudy Clay, who has been a longtime supporter of the plan, claims the museum project will create thousands of jobs for locals hit hard by the economic crisis and it will be a huge tourism boost when it's completed, generating millions of dollars for the city annually.
The Mayor said, "This project will be the magnet that will draw people from all over the world." City officials have donated 300 acres of land as the site for the Jackson Family Museum and Hotel and the Michael Jackson Performing Arts and Cultural Center and Theaters.
More Michael Jackson News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'