Marilyn Monroe's 84th Birthday Celebrated With Treasure Trove
Rival California auction houses are cashing in on what would have been Marilyn Monroe's 84th birthday month by offering up a treasure trove of the movie icon's memorabilia. As well as the pink satin gown the actress wore in the "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" sequence in the film "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes", Profiles in History bosses are offering up Monroe's barefoot test prints for her induction into the Hollywood Walk of Fame, one of the star's robes and a collection of rare, signed photographs.
That auction will take place as part of a summer memorabilia sale in Los Angeles on June 10-12. And then, two weeks later, on June 26-27, Julien's Auctions will offer more Monroe treasures at a sale in Las Vegas.
Items at that auction include a 1952 chest X-Ray, the actress' pink Pucci top and even the couch the actress lay on during sessions with her therapist Dr. Ralph Greenson. Monroe would have turned 84 on Tuesday, June 1.
More Marilyn Monroe News
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris