Marilyn Monroe's 84th Birthday Celebrated With Treasure Trove
Rival California auction houses are cashing in on what would have been Marilyn Monroe's 84th birthday month by offering up a treasure trove of the movie icon's memorabilia. As well as the pink satin gown the actress wore in the "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" sequence in the film "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes", Profiles in History bosses are offering up Monroe's barefoot test prints for her induction into the Hollywood Walk of Fame, one of the star's robes and a collection of rare, signed photographs.
That auction will take place as part of a summer memorabilia sale in Los Angeles on June 10-12. And then, two weeks later, on June 26-27, Julien's Auctions will offer more Monroe treasures at a sale in Las Vegas.
Items at that auction include a 1952 chest X-Ray, the actress' pink Pucci top and even the couch the actress lay on during sessions with her therapist Dr. Ralph Greenson. Monroe would have turned 84 on Tuesday, June 1.
More Marilyn Monroe News
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?