Marilyn Monroe's 84th Birthday Celebrated With Treasure Trove
Rival California auction houses are cashing in on what would have been Marilyn Monroe's 84th birthday month by offering up a treasure trove of the movie icon's memorabilia. As well as the pink satin gown the actress wore in the "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" sequence in the film "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes", Profiles in History bosses are offering up Monroe's barefoot test prints for her induction into the Hollywood Walk of Fame, one of the star's robes and a collection of rare, signed photographs.
That auction will take place as part of a summer memorabilia sale in Los Angeles on June 10-12. And then, two weeks later, on June 26-27, Julien's Auctions will offer more Monroe treasures at a sale in Las Vegas.
Items at that auction include a 1952 chest X-Ray, the actress' pink Pucci top and even the couch the actress lay on during sessions with her therapist Dr. Ralph Greenson. Monroe would have turned 84 on Tuesday, June 1.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'