Marilyn Monroe's 84th Birthday Celebrated With Treasure Trove
Rival California auction houses are cashing in on what would have been Marilyn Monroe's 84th birthday month by offering up a treasure trove of the movie icon's memorabilia. As well as the pink satin gown the actress wore in the "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" sequence in the film "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes", Profiles in History bosses are offering up Monroe's barefoot test prints for her induction into the Hollywood Walk of Fame, one of the star's robes and a collection of rare, signed photographs.
That auction will take place as part of a summer memorabilia sale in Los Angeles on June 10-12. And then, two weeks later, on June 26-27, Julien's Auctions will offer more Monroe treasures at a sale in Las Vegas.
Items at that auction include a 1952 chest X-Ray, the actress' pink Pucci top and even the couch the actress lay on during sessions with her therapist Dr. Ralph Greenson. Monroe would have turned 84 on Tuesday, June 1.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington