Zoe Saldana Left Longtime Partner Red-Faced at Gala
"Avatar" star Zoe Saldana left longtime love Keith Britton red-faced at the Women in Film's 2010 Crystal + Lucy Awards on Tuesday night, June 1, by "coming out" about their romance. The actress apologized for bringing attention to her actor boyfriend of a decade, but insisted on honoring him as she accepted the MaxMara Face of the Future Award at the gala.
Saldana said, "I have to thank that one special person who always gets buried and overlooked. I've lived a very private life, and I've been with a partner for 10 years who has allowed me to age... which is absolutely awesome. He's super bright, and he's here tonight and we're just gonna come out of the closet right now."
"I'm going to say, 'Thank you.' I tend to confuse privacy with not saying thank you, so I love you... He has to pick me up and put me to bed, try doing that for 10 years with somebody who has, like, five personalities."
Britton's face was then beamed onto the huge screens either side of the stage at the Los Angeles event. Immediately after walking offstage, the actress said, "He's probably gonna kill me... I think it's good to recognize that (love) even if it's against their (partner's) will. They're the ones that are living with the real you."
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl