Zoe Saldana Left Longtime Partner Red-Faced at Gala
"Avatar" star Zoe Saldana left longtime love Keith Britton red-faced at the Women in Film's 2010 Crystal + Lucy Awards on Tuesday night, June 1, by "coming out" about their romance. The actress apologized for bringing attention to her actor boyfriend of a decade, but insisted on honoring him as she accepted the MaxMara Face of the Future Award at the gala.
Saldana said, "I have to thank that one special person who always gets buried and overlooked. I've lived a very private life, and I've been with a partner for 10 years who has allowed me to age... which is absolutely awesome. He's super bright, and he's here tonight and we're just gonna come out of the closet right now."
"I'm going to say, 'Thank you.' I tend to confuse privacy with not saying thank you, so I love you... He has to pick me up and put me to bed, try doing that for 10 years with somebody who has, like, five personalities."
Britton's face was then beamed onto the huge screens either side of the stage at the Los Angeles event. Immediately after walking offstage, the actress said, "He's probably gonna kill me... I think it's good to recognize that (love) even if it's against their (partner's) will. They're the ones that are living with the real you."
More Zoe Saldana News
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video