Zoe Saldana Left Longtime Partner Red-Faced at Gala
"Avatar" star Zoe Saldana left longtime love Keith Britton red-faced at the Women in Film's 2010 Crystal + Lucy Awards on Tuesday night, June 1, by "coming out" about their romance. The actress apologized for bringing attention to her actor boyfriend of a decade, but insisted on honoring him as she accepted the MaxMara Face of the Future Award at the gala.
Saldana said, "I have to thank that one special person who always gets buried and overlooked. I've lived a very private life, and I've been with a partner for 10 years who has allowed me to age... which is absolutely awesome. He's super bright, and he's here tonight and we're just gonna come out of the closet right now."
"I'm going to say, 'Thank you.' I tend to confuse privacy with not saying thank you, so I love you... He has to pick me up and put me to bed, try doing that for 10 years with somebody who has, like, five personalities."
Britton's face was then beamed onto the huge screens either side of the stage at the Los Angeles event. Immediately after walking offstage, the actress said, "He's probably gonna kill me... I think it's good to recognize that (love) even if it's against their (partner's) will. They're the ones that are living with the real you."
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech