Zoe Saldana Left Longtime Partner Red-Faced at Gala
"Avatar" star Zoe Saldana left longtime love Keith Britton red-faced at the Women in Film's 2010 Crystal + Lucy Awards on Tuesday night, June 1, by "coming out" about their romance. The actress apologized for bringing attention to her actor boyfriend of a decade, but insisted on honoring him as she accepted the MaxMara Face of the Future Award at the gala.
Saldana said, "I have to thank that one special person who always gets buried and overlooked. I've lived a very private life, and I've been with a partner for 10 years who has allowed me to age... which is absolutely awesome. He's super bright, and he's here tonight and we're just gonna come out of the closet right now."
"I'm going to say, 'Thank you.' I tend to confuse privacy with not saying thank you, so I love you... He has to pick me up and put me to bed, try doing that for 10 years with somebody who has, like, five personalities."
Britton's face was then beamed onto the huge screens either side of the stage at the Los Angeles event. Immediately after walking offstage, the actress said, "He's probably gonna kill me... I think it's good to recognize that (love) even if it's against their (partner's) will. They're the ones that are living with the real you."
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!