Actress Q'orianka Kilcher Arrested for Staging a Protest
The actress who portrayed Native American legend Pocahontas in Colin Farrell's 2005 film "The New World" has been arrested in Washington, D.C. for staging a protest outside the White House. Q'orianka Kilcher, 20, chained herself to the White House perimeter fence on Tuesday, June 1 to protest a state visit by Peru's President Alan Garcia, who has announced plans to sell large areas of indigenous land to oil companies and other foreign investors.
Kilcher's father is a Peruvian Indian. Reports suggest the actress' mother was also involved in the protest; she covered her daughter in black paint.
The mother has been charged with defacing government property. Kilcher was charged with disorderly conduct and is expected to appear in the city's Superior Court on Wednesday, June 2.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie