Actress Q'orianka Kilcher Arrested for Staging a Protest
The actress who portrayed Native American legend Pocahontas in Colin Farrell's 2005 film "The New World" has been arrested in Washington, D.C. for staging a protest outside the White House. Q'orianka Kilcher, 20, chained herself to the White House perimeter fence on Tuesday, June 1 to protest a state visit by Peru's President Alan Garcia, who has announced plans to sell large areas of indigenous land to oil companies and other foreign investors.
Kilcher's father is a Peruvian Indian. Reports suggest the actress' mother was also involved in the protest; she covered her daughter in black paint.
The mother has been charged with defacing government property. Kilcher was charged with disorderly conduct and is expected to appear in the city's Superior Court on Wednesday, June 2.
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event