Actress Q'orianka Kilcher Arrested for Staging a Protest
The actress who portrayed Native American legend Pocahontas in Colin Farrell's 2005 film "The New World" has been arrested in Washington, D.C. for staging a protest outside the White House. Q'orianka Kilcher, 20, chained herself to the White House perimeter fence on Tuesday, June 1 to protest a state visit by Peru's President Alan Garcia, who has announced plans to sell large areas of indigenous land to oil companies and other foreign investors.
Kilcher's father is a Peruvian Indian. Reports suggest the actress' mother was also involved in the protest; she covered her daughter in black paint.
The mother has been charged with defacing government property. Kilcher was charged with disorderly conduct and is expected to appear in the city's Superior Court on Wednesday, June 2.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier