Actress Q'orianka Kilcher Arrested for Staging a Protest
The actress who portrayed Native American legend Pocahontas in Colin Farrell's 2005 film "The New World" has been arrested in Washington, D.C. for staging a protest outside the White House. Q'orianka Kilcher, 20, chained herself to the White House perimeter fence on Tuesday, June 1 to protest a state visit by Peru's President Alan Garcia, who has announced plans to sell large areas of indigenous land to oil companies and other foreign investors.
Kilcher's father is a Peruvian Indian. Reports suggest the actress' mother was also involved in the protest; she covered her daughter in black paint.
The mother has been charged with defacing government property. Kilcher was charged with disorderly conduct and is expected to appear in the city's Superior Court on Wednesday, June 2.
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap