Struck by Agonizing Illness, Cher Canceled Concert
Pop superstar Cher was forced to scrap a recent concert in Las Vegas just moments before she was due onstage after she was struck down with an agonizing stomach bug. The "Believe" hitmaker is in the middle of a three-year residency at Sin City's Caesars Palace, which began in 2008 and will see her perform a total of 200 dates.
But the singer, 64, had to bow out of a show on May 22 when a mystery virus left her doubled over in pain as she was preparing for the gig. A source tells the National Enquirer, "One minute she seemed fine, and she was getting her hair and make-up done in the dressing room. Then, about 20 minutes before the 7.30pm show, she was in so much pain she couldn't stand up. She fell back into her chair clutching her stomach."
Cher resumed her show the following night but the ailing star's pale appearance at the concert sparked fears her health was suffering as a result of her hectic work schedule. However, Cher's publicist has played down the report, claiming the star only suffered a "little infection", adding, "She is in remarkable shape and in excellent health."
Cher has previously fallen victim to stress-related illness Epstein-Barr disease in the 1980s.
More Cher News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!