Courteney Cox Says 'Luck' Plays Huge Role in Her Career
Actress Courteney Cox picked up a top honor for her TV work at the Crystal + Lucy Awards on Tuesday, June 1 night. The star's best pal and former Friends colleague Jennifer Aniston was on hand to present Cox with the Lucy Award for Excellence in Television at the Los Angeles ceremony.
In her acceptance speech, Cox credited good luck for her career successes. She told the audience, "So many good things have happened in my career when I least expected them to. Who knew that a Bruce Springsteen video would lead to a role on 'Family Ties' and that to the sleeper hit 'Ace Ventura', which probably helped land me the role on 'Friends'?"
"I wish I could take credit for plotting and planning my career, but there's a lot of luck involved. I guess it's important to be prepared when you do get those big breaks."
Cox wasn't the only honoree at the Women in Film Foundation event - "Avatar" beauty Zoe Saldana was also feted as the Max Mara Face of the Future. The actress said, "I'm so honored and proud that a line like (clothing brand) Max Mara has been so supportive, not only in fashion but also for other fields in the arts like film. And to have the one award a year, where women get together and celebrate each other in Hollywood, is amazing."
More Courteney Cox News
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune