Courteney Cox Says 'Luck' Plays Huge Role in Her Career
Actress Courteney Cox picked up a top honor for her TV work at the Crystal + Lucy Awards on Tuesday, June 1 night. The star's best pal and former Friends colleague Jennifer Aniston was on hand to present Cox with the Lucy Award for Excellence in Television at the Los Angeles ceremony.
In her acceptance speech, Cox credited good luck for her career successes. She told the audience, "So many good things have happened in my career when I least expected them to. Who knew that a Bruce Springsteen video would lead to a role on 'Family Ties' and that to the sleeper hit 'Ace Ventura', which probably helped land me the role on 'Friends'?"
"I wish I could take credit for plotting and planning my career, but there's a lot of luck involved. I guess it's important to be prepared when you do get those big breaks."
Cox wasn't the only honoree at the Women in Film Foundation event - "Avatar" beauty Zoe Saldana was also feted as the Max Mara Face of the Future. The actress said, "I'm so honored and proud that a line like (clothing brand) Max Mara has been so supportive, not only in fashion but also for other fields in the arts like film. And to have the one award a year, where women get together and celebrate each other in Hollywood, is amazing."
More Courteney Cox News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story