Emma Roberts Brands Idea to Change Her Last Name 'Ridiculous'
Julia Roberts' actress niece Emma Roberts refused to change her last name in a bid to distance herself from her famous aunt, because she thought the idea was "ridiculous". The 19 year old, who appeared alongside the "Pretty Woman" star in "Valentine's Day" earlier this year, is unhappy when critics compare her to Julia and assume she broke into movies because of her family links.
But Emma was against altering her name at the beginning of her career, because she knew everyone would soon find out she is related to the famous actress. She says, "I think that's a little ridiculous because people will find out anyway and then you look like you're trying too hard to be different."
"You might as well just go with it."
More Emma Roberts News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival