Kirsten Dunst Says She Doesn't Smoke Pot During Court Appearance
Kirsten Dunst has told a court in New York she doesn't "smoke pot" after the trial of a man accused of stealing her bag revealed marijuana was found in her assistant's purse. James Jimenez is facing charges of felony burglary after allegedly snatching the "Spider-Man" star's handbag from her suite at the SoHo Grand Hotel in Manhattan in 2007. The 35 year old is also accused of taking a purse belonging to Dunst's assistant, Liat Baruch.
A stash of marijuana was found in Baruch's bag, and Jimenez's defense attorney claimed his client was granted access to the suite along with an alleged drug dealer who was invited there - an allegation which was denied by the actress' rep. The issue was raised again when Dunst took the stand to testify on Tuesday, June 1, and when asked if she smokes marijuana, she replied, "No I don't". But Dunst admitted she was aware of her assistant's habit, adding, "I know she smoked pot", according to the New York Daily News.
Jimenez was convicted on a charge of criminal trespass in October 2009 but is being retried at Manhattan Supreme Court after a jury failed to reach a verdict on the felony burglary charges. He has pleaded not guilty.
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum