Kirsten Dunst Says She Doesn't Smoke Pot During Court Appearance
Kirsten Dunst has told a court in New York she doesn't "smoke pot" after the trial of a man accused of stealing her bag revealed marijuana was found in her assistant's purse. James Jimenez is facing charges of felony burglary after allegedly snatching the "Spider-Man" star's handbag from her suite at the SoHo Grand Hotel in Manhattan in 2007. The 35 year old is also accused of taking a purse belonging to Dunst's assistant, Liat Baruch.
A stash of marijuana was found in Baruch's bag, and Jimenez's defense attorney claimed his client was granted access to the suite along with an alleged drug dealer who was invited there - an allegation which was denied by the actress' rep. The issue was raised again when Dunst took the stand to testify on Tuesday, June 1, and when asked if she smokes marijuana, she replied, "No I don't". But Dunst admitted she was aware of her assistant's habit, adding, "I know she smoked pot", according to the New York Daily News.
Jimenez was convicted on a charge of criminal trespass in October 2009 but is being retried at Manhattan Supreme Court after a jury failed to reach a verdict on the felony burglary charges. He has pleaded not guilty.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital