Adam Lambert Asks Fans to Stop Giving Him Gifts and Start Donating
Outlandish rocker Adam Lambert has urged his fans to stop sending him gifts and donate the cash they spend to a charity instead. The "American Idol" star has taken to his Twitter account to poll the request with his online followers, telling them how he came up with the idea when he was bombarded with fan mail and presents on a tour in 2009.
He writes, "Been doing lots of thinking... Last year on the road I received so many thoughtful gifts from all of you. But I very quickly ran out o' (of) room."
"Instead of giving me gifts, why not donate 2 donorschoose.org or other charity in my name? U can print a receipt 4 me and personalize it." The site allows web users to donate cash to help needy schools across America.
More Adam Lambert News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory