Adam Lambert Asks Fans to Stop Giving Him Gifts and Start Donating
Outlandish rocker Adam Lambert has urged his fans to stop sending him gifts and donate the cash they spend to a charity instead. The "American Idol" star has taken to his Twitter account to poll the request with his online followers, telling them how he came up with the idea when he was bombarded with fan mail and presents on a tour in 2009.
He writes, "Been doing lots of thinking... Last year on the road I received so many thoughtful gifts from all of you. But I very quickly ran out o' (of) room."
"Instead of giving me gifts, why not donate 2 donorschoose.org or other charity in my name? U can print a receipt 4 me and personalize it." The site allows web users to donate cash to help needy schools across America.
More Adam Lambert News
- 'The Leftovers' Series Finale Preview: The End Is Here
- Green Power Ranger Depicter Jason David Frank Addresses Assassination Attempt
- Artist of the Week: Halsey
- Kourtney Kardashian Bans Scott Disick From Seeing Their Children Until He Sobers Up
- Prince William and Kate Middleton's Housekeeper Quits as Job Is 'Too Demanding'
- 'The Walking Dead' EP Shares Alleged Season 8 Behind-the-Scenes Video
- Teyana Taylor Previews R-Rated Clip for New Single 'Drippin' Ft. Migos
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings