Adam Lambert Asks Fans to Stop Giving Him Gifts and Start Donating
Outlandish rocker Adam Lambert has urged his fans to stop sending him gifts and donate the cash they spend to a charity instead. The "American Idol" star has taken to his Twitter account to poll the request with his online followers, telling them how he came up with the idea when he was bombarded with fan mail and presents on a tour in 2009.
He writes, "Been doing lots of thinking... Last year on the road I received so many thoughtful gifts from all of you. But I very quickly ran out o' (of) room."
"Instead of giving me gifts, why not donate 2 donorschoose.org or other charity in my name? U can print a receipt 4 me and personalize it." The site allows web users to donate cash to help needy schools across America.
More Adam Lambert News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered