Jack White Urges Rocking Peers to Get a Girl
Jack White has urged his rocking peers to add a female to their line-ups, because things get done "really fast" if there's a woman in the studio. The White Stripes star, who currently drums behind Alison Mosshart in The Dead Weather, admits all-male acts can benefit from a little female guile.
He tells Nylon magazine, "Only one girl can offset a whole gang of guys... That's the beauty of collaborating with males and females... There's something in the room, there's a new energy, and it sort of wipes the slate clean."
"It gets rid of all the bulls**t, and you can get some place really fast... It's almost a good idea for an all-guy band just to have a girl sitting there, an engineer or something, in the room. Or a puppy. Or an axe murderer. Something extreme. That's why we have Alison. We tried to get all three in one."
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo