Jack White Urges Rocking Peers to Get a Girl
Jack White has urged his rocking peers to add a female to their line-ups, because things get done "really fast" if there's a woman in the studio. The White Stripes star, who currently drums behind Alison Mosshart in The Dead Weather, admits all-male acts can benefit from a little female guile.
He tells Nylon magazine, "Only one girl can offset a whole gang of guys... That's the beauty of collaborating with males and females... There's something in the room, there's a new energy, and it sort of wipes the slate clean."
"It gets rid of all the bulls**t, and you can get some place really fast... It's almost a good idea for an all-guy band just to have a girl sitting there, an engineer or something, in the room. Or a puppy. Or an axe murderer. Something extreme. That's why we have Alison. We tried to get all three in one."
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes