Religious Zealots Revamps Lady GaGa's 'Telephone'
The religious zealots who protested Ronnie James Dio at his memorial service have now turned their attention to Lady GaGa in a new online video spoof. The Westbrook Baptist Church's Megan Phelps-Roper has revamped GaGa's "Telephone" for a new promo, entitled "Ever Burn".
In the spoof, Phelps-Roper, the granddaughter of the church's Reverend Fred Phelps, sings, "Stop praying, stop praying, God will not hear you anymore/You taught the boys and the girls to be proud whores... Go devil spawn, you just keep pushing on to the hell where you will forever burn."
It's the second time this year the religious group has taken aim at Lady GaGa, back in January, the congregation announced plans to stage a "God Hates Lady GaGa" protest at the singer's concert in St. Louis, Missouri and released a version of "Poker Face" with lyrics like, "You p**sed off God, you'll see what he's got."
More Lady GaGa News
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'