Religious Zealots Revamps Lady GaGa's 'Telephone'
The religious zealots who protested Ronnie James Dio at his memorial service have now turned their attention to Lady GaGa in a new online video spoof. The Westbrook Baptist Church's Megan Phelps-Roper has revamped GaGa's "Telephone" for a new promo, entitled "Ever Burn".
In the spoof, Phelps-Roper, the granddaughter of the church's Reverend Fred Phelps, sings, "Stop praying, stop praying, God will not hear you anymore/You taught the boys and the girls to be proud whores... Go devil spawn, you just keep pushing on to the hell where you will forever burn."
It's the second time this year the religious group has taken aim at Lady GaGa, back in January, the congregation announced plans to stage a "God Hates Lady GaGa" protest at the singer's concert in St. Louis, Missouri and released a version of "Poker Face" with lyrics like, "You p**sed off God, you'll see what he's got."
More Lady GaGa News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars