Bret Michaels Feels Lucky to Be Alive After Gary Coleman Tragedy
Rocker Bret Michaels feels lucky to be alive after hearing how tragic Gary Coleman died of the same type of brain hemorrhage he survived just weeks earlier. The Poison frontman faced the battle of his life after suffering a near-fatal hemorrhage in May, and he's still recovering from the medical emergency.
His good fortune was hammered home at the weekend following the death of former "Diff'rent Strokes" star Coleman, who died on Friday, May 28, just two days after a fall at his Utah home caused an intracranial hemorrhage.
Michaels tells U.S. news show Extra, "Gary Coleman having a hemorrhage, basically from the very same hemorrhage that I had, and passing away is extremely sad." He continues admitting, "And on the very day that I'm gonna try to start up my tour. I'm one of the lucky ones, who made it through."
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist