Bret Michaels Feels Lucky to Be Alive After Gary Coleman Tragedy
Rocker Bret Michaels feels lucky to be alive after hearing how tragic Gary Coleman died of the same type of brain hemorrhage he survived just weeks earlier. The Poison frontman faced the battle of his life after suffering a near-fatal hemorrhage in May, and he's still recovering from the medical emergency.
His good fortune was hammered home at the weekend following the death of former "Diff'rent Strokes" star Coleman, who died on Friday, May 28, just two days after a fall at his Utah home caused an intracranial hemorrhage.
Michaels tells U.S. news show Extra, "Gary Coleman having a hemorrhage, basically from the very same hemorrhage that I had, and passing away is extremely sad." He continues admitting, "And on the very day that I'm gonna try to start up my tour. I'm one of the lucky ones, who made it through."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival