Belinda Carlisle Quit Drugs After Death Vision
Former pop star Belinda Carlisle knew it was time to seek help for substance abuse when she envisioned her own death after a three-day drug binge. The singer, who rose to fame as the frontwoman of The Go-Go's, admits her life spiraled out of control early on in her career and she continued to indulge in drink and drugs up until one horrifying incident in 2005, when she realized it was time to kick her habit once and for all.
Recalling the nightmare in her new memoir, "Lips Unsealed", she writes, "I had gone to London for business, but spent three straight days locked in my hotel room, doing cocaine." She further shares, "I went on the biggest binge of my life, which is saying something considering I had used, boozed, and abused for 30 years."
"When I looked at my eyes in the mirror, I didn't see anyone looking back at me. The lights were out. I was gone. It scared me - yet I didn't stop until I had an extraordinarily frightening out-of-body experience, where I saw myself overdosing and being found dead in the hotel room."
"I saw the whole thing happen, and I knew that if I kept doing coke, I was going to die. At that moment I shut my eyes, and when I opened them again I made the decision I had put off for much too long. I opened myself up to life. I appreciated the good, faced the bad, and began to find the things I needed."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March