Video: Paul Gray's Tribute by His Slipknot 'Brothers'
Tragic bassist Paul Gray has returned from beyond the grave to feature in a haunting video tribute compiled by his Slipknot bandmates. The heavy rocker was found dead in a suburban Des Moines, Iowa hotel room last month and his passing is currently being investigated by police.
The remaining members of Slipknot have celebrated Gray's legacy in a lengthy video montage, in which the late star is featured discussing his childhood, his love for his adopted hometown of Des Moines and his Slipknot "family" in a series of interview clips. In the footage, Gray says, "All these guys, I've known 'em forever... We've all played together in different bands, different shows... They're my family."
"Every person in this band... we couldn't have the band without (them). I mean, we've done shows without people, obviously, when people have gotten hurt, or Shawn (Crahan) had some family problems, and it's never the same. It does not feel like the band until everybody's there. Everybody makes up this whole thing."
"We've all got each other's back, and always have a shoulder for someone to put their head on. We're family. We do need each other."
The tribute video closes with a written message from Slipknot dedicated to their "brother", which reads, "This world will be a different place without him."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers