Al Gore Splits From Wife After 40 Years Marriage
Former U.S. vice president-turned-environmental campaigner Al Gore has split from his wife of 40 years. The Oscar winner announced the news of his separation from Mary 'Tipper' Gore in an email obtained by Politico.com on Tuesday, June 1.
The statement from the former couple, who celebrated 40 years of marriage just last month, reads, "We are announcing today that, after a great deal of thought and discussion, we have decided to separate. This is very much a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration."
The Gores have four grown-up children.
Since descending from his presidential throne in 2001, Gore has been a kind of celebrity through his green projects. He produced a documentary called "An Inconvenient Truth" which won the Oscar. He also helped organizing charity concerts Live Earth in 2007.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake