Al Gore Splits From Wife After 40 Years Marriage
Former U.S. vice president-turned-environmental campaigner Al Gore has split from his wife of 40 years. The Oscar winner announced the news of his separation from Mary 'Tipper' Gore in an email obtained by Politico.com on Tuesday, June 1.
The statement from the former couple, who celebrated 40 years of marriage just last month, reads, "We are announcing today that, after a great deal of thought and discussion, we have decided to separate. This is very much a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration."
The Gores have four grown-up children.
Since descending from his presidential throne in 2001, Gore has been a kind of celebrity through his green projects. He produced a documentary called "An Inconvenient Truth" which won the Oscar. He also helped organizing charity concerts Live Earth in 2007.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video