Al Gore Splits From Wife After 40 Years Marriage
Former U.S. vice president-turned-environmental campaigner Al Gore has split from his wife of 40 years. The Oscar winner announced the news of his separation from Mary 'Tipper' Gore in an email obtained by Politico.com on Tuesday, June 1.
The statement from the former couple, who celebrated 40 years of marriage just last month, reads, "We are announcing today that, after a great deal of thought and discussion, we have decided to separate. This is very much a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration."
The Gores have four grown-up children.
Since descending from his presidential throne in 2001, Gore has been a kind of celebrity through his green projects. He produced a documentary called "An Inconvenient Truth" which won the Oscar. He also helped organizing charity concerts Live Earth in 2007.
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'