Al Gore Splits From Wife After 40 Years Marriage
Former U.S. vice president-turned-environmental campaigner Al Gore has split from his wife of 40 years. The Oscar winner announced the news of his separation from Mary 'Tipper' Gore in an email obtained by Politico.com on Tuesday, June 1.
The statement from the former couple, who celebrated 40 years of marriage just last month, reads, "We are announcing today that, after a great deal of thought and discussion, we have decided to separate. This is very much a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration."
The Gores have four grown-up children.
Since descending from his presidential throne in 2001, Gore has been a kind of celebrity through his green projects. He produced a documentary called "An Inconvenient Truth" which won the Oscar. He also helped organizing charity concerts Live Earth in 2007.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service