Al Gore Splits From Wife After 40 Years Marriage
Former U.S. vice president-turned-environmental campaigner Al Gore has split from his wife of 40 years. The Oscar winner announced the news of his separation from Mary 'Tipper' Gore in an email obtained by Politico.com on Tuesday, June 1.
The statement from the former couple, who celebrated 40 years of marriage just last month, reads, "We are announcing today that, after a great deal of thought and discussion, we have decided to separate. This is very much a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration."
The Gores have four grown-up children.
Since descending from his presidential throne in 2001, Gore has been a kind of celebrity through his green projects. He produced a documentary called "An Inconvenient Truth" which won the Oscar. He also helped organizing charity concerts Live Earth in 2007.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones