Kelly Osbourne Defends Her Mother Over Media's Harsh Criticism
Kelly Osbourne has defended her mother Sharon Osbourne after she was targeted by a tabloid over her appearance, insisting the rock matriarch's success doesn't depend on her looks. The "America's Got Talent" judge was criticized over a set of unflattering photographs which showed her wearing baggy blue jeans and no make-up in May.
Kelly is fuming over the furore and she's urged the press to "leave mum alone" - because she believes the star deserves respect for her business endeavors. In her column in Britain's Closer magazine, Osbourne writes, "Last week a tabloid printed some pictures of my mum when she was out at a family dinner and said some not-so-nice things about her appearance."
"She's 57 years old (you don't look a day over 40, Mum!) and she's a mother, a wife and a businesswoman - she's not trying to be a fashion model! Her job has never relied on her appearance, so why do people think they've got the right to comment on it? My mum makes a living from using her brain, not her looks."
More Kelly Osbourne News
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory