Kelly Osbourne Defends Her Mother Over Media's Harsh Criticism
Kelly Osbourne has defended her mother Sharon Osbourne after she was targeted by a tabloid over her appearance, insisting the rock matriarch's success doesn't depend on her looks. The "America's Got Talent" judge was criticized over a set of unflattering photographs which showed her wearing baggy blue jeans and no make-up in May.
Kelly is fuming over the furore and she's urged the press to "leave mum alone" - because she believes the star deserves respect for her business endeavors. In her column in Britain's Closer magazine, Osbourne writes, "Last week a tabloid printed some pictures of my mum when she was out at a family dinner and said some not-so-nice things about her appearance."
"She's 57 years old (you don't look a day over 40, Mum!) and she's a mother, a wife and a businesswoman - she's not trying to be a fashion model! Her job has never relied on her appearance, so why do people think they've got the right to comment on it? My mum makes a living from using her brain, not her looks."
More Kelly Osbourne News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert