Kelly Osbourne Defends Her Mother Over Media's Harsh Criticism
Kelly Osbourne has defended her mother Sharon Osbourne after she was targeted by a tabloid over her appearance, insisting the rock matriarch's success doesn't depend on her looks. The "America's Got Talent" judge was criticized over a set of unflattering photographs which showed her wearing baggy blue jeans and no make-up in May.
Kelly is fuming over the furore and she's urged the press to "leave mum alone" - because she believes the star deserves respect for her business endeavors. In her column in Britain's Closer magazine, Osbourne writes, "Last week a tabloid printed some pictures of my mum when she was out at a family dinner and said some not-so-nice things about her appearance."
"She's 57 years old (you don't look a day over 40, Mum!) and she's a mother, a wife and a businesswoman - she's not trying to be a fashion model! Her job has never relied on her appearance, so why do people think they've got the right to comment on it? My mum makes a living from using her brain, not her looks."
More Kelly Osbourne News
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does