Kelly Osbourne Defends Her Mother Over Media's Harsh Criticism
Kelly Osbourne has defended her mother Sharon Osbourne after she was targeted by a tabloid over her appearance, insisting the rock matriarch's success doesn't depend on her looks. The "America's Got Talent" judge was criticized over a set of unflattering photographs which showed her wearing baggy blue jeans and no make-up in May.
Kelly is fuming over the furore and she's urged the press to "leave mum alone" - because she believes the star deserves respect for her business endeavors. In her column in Britain's Closer magazine, Osbourne writes, "Last week a tabloid printed some pictures of my mum when she was out at a family dinner and said some not-so-nice things about her appearance."
"She's 57 years old (you don't look a day over 40, Mum!) and she's a mother, a wife and a businesswoman - she's not trying to be a fashion model! Her job has never relied on her appearance, so why do people think they've got the right to comment on it? My mum makes a living from using her brain, not her looks."
More Kelly Osbourne News
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'