Tom Jones Honored With Music Industry Trust Award
Sir Tom Jones will be feted for his contribution to British music later this year - the Welsh singer has been named as the recipient of the coveted Music Industry Trust award. The crooner will follow in the footsteps of Sir Elton John, Kylie Minogue and Peter Gabriel when he is handed the prestigious honor at a ceremony in London in November.
And Jones, who turns 70 on June 7, admits the tribute is a fitting way to celebrate his upcoming birthday. He says, "2010 is shaping up to be a very memorable year for me. I'm delighted to be honored with the Music Industry Trust's award and to join the roll-call of some great past honorees."
The ceremony will take place on November 1 and will raise money for music charities the BRIT Trust and Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy.
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra