Tom Jones Honored With Music Industry Trust Award
Sir Tom Jones will be feted for his contribution to British music later this year - the Welsh singer has been named as the recipient of the coveted Music Industry Trust award. The crooner will follow in the footsteps of Sir Elton John, Kylie Minogue and Peter Gabriel when he is handed the prestigious honor at a ceremony in London in November.
And Jones, who turns 70 on June 7, admits the tribute is a fitting way to celebrate his upcoming birthday. He says, "2010 is shaping up to be a very memorable year for me. I'm delighted to be honored with the Music Industry Trust's award and to join the roll-call of some great past honorees."
The ceremony will take place on November 1 and will raise money for music charities the BRIT Trust and Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie