Tom Jones Honored With Music Industry Trust Award
Sir Tom Jones will be feted for his contribution to British music later this year - the Welsh singer has been named as the recipient of the coveted Music Industry Trust award. The crooner will follow in the footsteps of Sir Elton John, Kylie Minogue and Peter Gabriel when he is handed the prestigious honor at a ceremony in London in November.
And Jones, who turns 70 on June 7, admits the tribute is a fitting way to celebrate his upcoming birthday. He says, "2010 is shaping up to be a very memorable year for me. I'm delighted to be honored with the Music Industry Trust's award and to join the roll-call of some great past honorees."
The ceremony will take place on November 1 and will raise money for music charities the BRIT Trust and Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences