Tom Jones Honored With Music Industry Trust Award
Sir Tom Jones will be feted for his contribution to British music later this year - the Welsh singer has been named as the recipient of the coveted Music Industry Trust award. The crooner will follow in the footsteps of Sir Elton John, Kylie Minogue and Peter Gabriel when he is handed the prestigious honor at a ceremony in London in November.
And Jones, who turns 70 on June 7, admits the tribute is a fitting way to celebrate his upcoming birthday. He says, "2010 is shaping up to be a very memorable year for me. I'm delighted to be honored with the Music Industry Trust's award and to join the roll-call of some great past honorees."
The ceremony will take place on November 1 and will raise money for music charities the BRIT Trust and Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'