Tom Jones Honored With Music Industry Trust Award
Sir Tom Jones will be feted for his contribution to British music later this year - the Welsh singer has been named as the recipient of the coveted Music Industry Trust award. The crooner will follow in the footsteps of Sir Elton John, Kylie Minogue and Peter Gabriel when he is handed the prestigious honor at a ceremony in London in November.
And Jones, who turns 70 on June 7, admits the tribute is a fitting way to celebrate his upcoming birthday. He says, "2010 is shaping up to be a very memorable year for me. I'm delighted to be honored with the Music Industry Trust's award and to join the roll-call of some great past honorees."
The ceremony will take place on November 1 and will raise money for music charities the BRIT Trust and Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy.
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...