Janet Jackson Thanks Fans After 'American Idol' Appearance Lands Number One on iTunes
Janet Jackson has thanked fans after her appearance on "American Idol" last week catapulted to the top of the iTunes music video charts. The superstar singer wowed fans with a rare performance on the finale of the TV talent show on Wednesday, May 26, singing a medley of her hits including "Again" and "Nasty".
Impressed viewers have flocked online to buy the video footage on iTunes, making it the online retailer's number one promo, putting Jackson ahead of Miley Cyrus and Lady GaGa. And the star is thrilled with the support she has received.
In an online video posted on YouTube, she says, "I just want to thank all of you for making my performance on 'American Idol' number one on iTunes. That is so cool, it's really special. Thank you to all of you for making it happen and I couldn't have done it without you."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed