Chris Rock Gave Up on Presidential Dream After Mom's Threat
Comedian Chris Rock stopped working hard at school after his mother dashed his dreams of becoming U.S. president. The funnyman grew up in a tough area of Brooklyn, New York, and his mum Rosalie didn't encourage her son's lofty political ambitions.
And after the no-nonsense matriarch told her son his dream of being elected to the White House would end in assassination, Rock decided to give up concentrating on his studies. He tells British talk show host Graham Norton, "When I was a kid, before I wanted to be a comedian, my dream was to be the president of the United States."
"The only real job I ever wanted. That was the only office I wanted, to be in the office of the president of the United States. I told my mother, and she said, 'You better not, you'll get shot!' From that day on, I never tried to be good in school again."
"If you can't be president, then what's the point? President (Barack) Obama's mother did not say that; she had a different message."
More Chris Rock News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special