Chris Rock Gave Up on Presidential Dream After Mom's Threat
Comedian Chris Rock stopped working hard at school after his mother dashed his dreams of becoming U.S. president. The funnyman grew up in a tough area of Brooklyn, New York, and his mum Rosalie didn't encourage her son's lofty political ambitions.
And after the no-nonsense matriarch told her son his dream of being elected to the White House would end in assassination, Rock decided to give up concentrating on his studies. He tells British talk show host Graham Norton, "When I was a kid, before I wanted to be a comedian, my dream was to be the president of the United States."
"The only real job I ever wanted. That was the only office I wanted, to be in the office of the president of the United States. I told my mother, and she said, 'You better not, you'll get shot!' From that day on, I never tried to be good in school again."
"If you can't be president, then what's the point? President (Barack) Obama's mother did not say that; she had a different message."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says