Helena Bonham Carter Got Pregnant Because of Singing
British actress Helena Bonham Carter is tentative about taking on another musical role because she's convinced her role in husband Tim Burton's "Sweeney Todd" sent her hormones into a spin, and she became pregnant. The "Howards End" star loved hitting the high notes as Mrs. Lovett in the movie musical and only wishes she had more time to perfect her singing skills.
Now, she's hoping for another musical role but she might have to give up sex for the part. She explains, "I love singing. There is talk of something, but it's too early to talk about it. Singing is exciting and daunting, the more you do it, the more you realize how much hard graft it is."
"But you know what? I bet you that I got pregnant because I was singing for 'Sweeney Todd'. I was breathing properly because I was singing and it produces happy hormones too. It is very healthy, a great thing to do."
But Burton isn't thrilled with his wife's love of singing. She admits, "Afterward I said I was going to sing every day and continue to do my exercises and Tim said, 'No, you're not!' "
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance