Monica and Ludacris Grew Up Together
R&B star Monica has a strong family bond with Ludacris. Her mother is married to the rapper's uncle. "The Boy Is Mine" hitmaker collaborated with the hip-hop star, real name Christopher Bridges, on the title track of her latest album, "Still Standing".
And she reveals their relationship goes back years, and they're actually related. She tells Hip-Hop Weekly, "We grew up together. My mum married his uncle over two decades ago. Before there was Ludacris and Monica, there was Christopher Bridges and Mo and we were just always close."
In March this year, Monica announced that she has ended her engagement with rapper Rodney "Rocko" Hill, Jr. over personal reasons. The couple who had been in on-and-off relationship for several years has two children together, Rodney Ramone Hill III and Romelo Montez.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'