Lady GaGa Admits Telling Lies in Interviews
Lady GaGa lies "profusely" about herself in interviews - in a bid to protect her personal relationships. The "Poker Face" singer rarely divulges information about her personal life, insisting she is completely focused on her career - but admits she has told fibs to retain a sense of privacy.
She tells SHOWStudio, "The discrepancy between private and public life: I believe as an artist, being private in public is at the core of the aesthetic, the message. However, I profusely lie about my personal relationships in an effort to protect that aesthetic and that message. Today people are distracted by unimportant things - like what my diet is, or who I'm f**king."
"I do sometimes feel that I'm on a stage all the time, and I do feel that life is a stage for my art - when I'm dancing, singing, making breakfast." But the star reveals she breaks down in tears when she steps out of the spotlight, adding, "There is a moment of freedom, when the stage disappears: when I cry. On stage, off stage, alone or with someone. There's something very honest about that. It has nothing to do with taking off a wig or smearing my lipstick... It's much deeper than that."
More Lady GaGa News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce