Ed Westwick Gave Up His Music Career for Acting
Ed Westwick was forced to give up his place in rock band The Filthy Youth after filming on U.S. TV series "Gossip Girl" became too hectic. The British actor was once the frontman of the indie group, which is based in the U.K., but admits he could no longer balance his musical career with his acting commitments in New York after the show became a hit.
He tells Britain's GMTV, "I do play a little bit of guitar... I was in a band once upon a time. I was singing. It was a good time. I just found myself being so busy tied up with the show and everything like that. Music, I absolutely adore, as I'm sure we all do. It was something that I really enjoyed but it was just so difficult to have time to do these things."
Ed Westwick portrays Chuck Bass in "Gossip Girl". He plays alongside the likes of Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford and Taylor Momsen.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard