Ed Westwick Gave Up His Music Career for Acting
Ed Westwick was forced to give up his place in rock band The Filthy Youth after filming on U.S. TV series "Gossip Girl" became too hectic. The British actor was once the frontman of the indie group, which is based in the U.K., but admits he could no longer balance his musical career with his acting commitments in New York after the show became a hit.
He tells Britain's GMTV, "I do play a little bit of guitar... I was in a band once upon a time. I was singing. It was a good time. I just found myself being so busy tied up with the show and everything like that. Music, I absolutely adore, as I'm sure we all do. It was something that I really enjoyed but it was just so difficult to have time to do these things."
Ed Westwick portrays Chuck Bass in "Gossip Girl". He plays alongside the likes of Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford and Taylor Momsen.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child