Ed Westwick Gave Up His Music Career for Acting
Ed Westwick was forced to give up his place in rock band The Filthy Youth after filming on U.S. TV series "Gossip Girl" became too hectic. The British actor was once the frontman of the indie group, which is based in the U.K., but admits he could no longer balance his musical career with his acting commitments in New York after the show became a hit.
He tells Britain's GMTV, "I do play a little bit of guitar... I was in a band once upon a time. I was singing. It was a good time. I just found myself being so busy tied up with the show and everything like that. Music, I absolutely adore, as I'm sure we all do. It was something that I really enjoyed but it was just so difficult to have time to do these things."
Ed Westwick portrays Chuck Bass in "Gossip Girl". He plays alongside the likes of Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford and Taylor Momsen.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease