Ed Westwick Gave Up His Music Career for Acting
Ed Westwick was forced to give up his place in rock band The Filthy Youth after filming on U.S. TV series "Gossip Girl" became too hectic. The British actor was once the frontman of the indie group, which is based in the U.K., but admits he could no longer balance his musical career with his acting commitments in New York after the show became a hit.
He tells Britain's GMTV, "I do play a little bit of guitar... I was in a band once upon a time. I was singing. It was a good time. I just found myself being so busy tied up with the show and everything like that. Music, I absolutely adore, as I'm sure we all do. It was something that I really enjoyed but it was just so difficult to have time to do these things."
Ed Westwick portrays Chuck Bass in "Gossip Girl". He plays alongside the likes of Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford and Taylor Momsen.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur