Ed Westwick Gave Up His Music Career for Acting
Ed Westwick was forced to give up his place in rock band The Filthy Youth after filming on U.S. TV series "Gossip Girl" became too hectic. The British actor was once the frontman of the indie group, which is based in the U.K., but admits he could no longer balance his musical career with his acting commitments in New York after the show became a hit.
He tells Britain's GMTV, "I do play a little bit of guitar... I was in a band once upon a time. I was singing. It was a good time. I just found myself being so busy tied up with the show and everything like that. Music, I absolutely adore, as I'm sure we all do. It was something that I really enjoyed but it was just so difficult to have time to do these things."
Ed Westwick portrays Chuck Bass in "Gossip Girl". He plays alongside the likes of Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford and Taylor Momsen.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son