Beyonce Knowles Sued for Disturbing Neighborhood
Beyonce Knowles is facing legal action from a disgruntled Hollywood Hills resident who alleges his privacy was disrupted when the R&B superstar filmed her new video in his quiet neighborhood. Philip Markowitz filed suit against Beyonce and production firm Kleiner & Company on Friday, May 28 over her new promo "Why Don't You Love Me".
He alleges he was rudely awakened at 7 A.M. on March 26 when the film crew arrived in the exclusive Mount Olympus community in the Hollywood Hills and "invaded his neighbourhood". Markowitz claims he was then prevented from leaving his property and each time he stepped out of his house, he found members of the crew blocking his driveway.
According to legal papers filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, he confronted the promo staff about the problem and as a result, "missed several business calls while arguing calmly in his driveway". The documents go on to state, "(Markowitz) demanded compensation for the trespass on his property and the inconvenience and delay he had already suffered", but was told he could not be paid because it was a "low budget film shoot".
Markowitz is suing on the grounds of private nuisance and trespass and is demanding unspecified damages and punitive costs, according to TMZ.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3