Beyonce Knowles Sued for Disturbing Neighborhood
Beyonce Knowles is facing legal action from a disgruntled Hollywood Hills resident who alleges his privacy was disrupted when the R&B superstar filmed her new video in his quiet neighborhood. Philip Markowitz filed suit against Beyonce and production firm Kleiner & Company on Friday, May 28 over her new promo "Why Don't You Love Me".
He alleges he was rudely awakened at 7 A.M. on March 26 when the film crew arrived in the exclusive Mount Olympus community in the Hollywood Hills and "invaded his neighbourhood". Markowitz claims he was then prevented from leaving his property and each time he stepped out of his house, he found members of the crew blocking his driveway.
According to legal papers filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, he confronted the promo staff about the problem and as a result, "missed several business calls while arguing calmly in his driveway". The documents go on to state, "(Markowitz) demanded compensation for the trespass on his property and the inconvenience and delay he had already suffered", but was told he could not be paid because it was a "low budget film shoot".
Markowitz is suing on the grounds of private nuisance and trespass and is demanding unspecified damages and punitive costs, according to TMZ.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special