Black Eyed Peas Invited Tom Cruise Up the Stage
Tom Cruise joined his new pals the Black Eyed Peas on stage at their concert in London on Thursday, May 27 to debut their new song for the actor's upcoming movie "Knight and Day".
The Hollywood star convinced producers of the action film to allow the Black Eyed Peas to record a tune for the movie soundtrack and the actor joined frontman will.i.am in the studio to watch him at work on "Some Day".
They met up in London this week when Cruise was in the city to promote the new release and while the "Boom Boom Pow" hitmakers were on their European tour. Cruise attended the band's gig in the British capital with his wife Katie Holmes and he was pleasantly surprised when he was personally asked by singer Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie to join the group under the spotlight for the show finale.
Cruise admits he was initially reluctant to take her up on the offer, but relented after the pop star taunted him as a "wuss". He says, "Actually when they were performing, we all went to the show and Fergie sent a formal invitation to come onstage. She was like, 'Yo, don't be a wuss, you gotta come onstage for the last song'."
The actor agreed, much to will.i.am's delight. The hip-hop star adds, "He came up, we rocked 'I Gotta Feeling', the crowd loved it. Fergie was the only one who knew about it (debuting Some Day), but we had a real surprise for 21,000-something odd people."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences