Backstreet Boys Parting Ways With Jive Records
The Backstreet Boys have parted ways with their longtime record label after 16 years on the roster. The boy band signed to Jive Records in 1994 and released seven albums through the label over the years.
They have now announced their departure from Jive in a post on their official website, titled "Freedom", which dismisses rumors they were dumped from the books because of falling album sales. The post reads, "So the news is out! The Backstreet Boys are no longer signed to long time record label Jive Records. The amicable split is very exciting for the group."
Bandmember Brian Littrell adds, "This is the best thing, at the best time that could have ever happened for us. We are confident in the future of our band, and are looking forward to the new things to come. 2011 is going to be a great year for us."
More Backstreet Boys News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny