Backstreet Boys Parting Ways With Jive Records
The Backstreet Boys have parted ways with their longtime record label after 16 years on the roster. The boy band signed to Jive Records in 1994 and released seven albums through the label over the years.
They have now announced their departure from Jive in a post on their official website, titled "Freedom", which dismisses rumors they were dumped from the books because of falling album sales. The post reads, "So the news is out! The Backstreet Boys are no longer signed to long time record label Jive Records. The amicable split is very exciting for the group."
Bandmember Brian Littrell adds, "This is the best thing, at the best time that could have ever happened for us. We are confident in the future of our band, and are looking forward to the new things to come. 2011 is going to be a great year for us."
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves