Carlos Santana Taps Top-Notch Musicians for Classic Rock Album
Rapper Nas, Joe Cocker, Chris Cornell and The Doors' keyboard player Ray Manzarek have teamed up with guitar great Carlos Santana for his new album of classic rock anthems.
Nas performs AC/DC's "Back in Black" with Santana, while Cocker tackles Jimi Hendrix's "Little Wing" and Soundgarden frontman Cornell provides vocals on a rendition of Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love". Manzarek joins Santana for a new take on The Doors' "Riders on the Storm", and the guitarist insists the updated version of the song is "really far out and psychedelic".
Santana tells Rolling Stone magazine he was aiming to make a record that would turn women on: "I paid special attention to the groove so the females would get completely aroused." No words on the title and release date for the upcoming album.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked