Carlos Santana Taps Top-Notch Musicians for Classic Rock Album
Rapper Nas, Joe Cocker, Chris Cornell and The Doors' keyboard player Ray Manzarek have teamed up with guitar great Carlos Santana for his new album of classic rock anthems.
Nas performs AC/DC's "Back in Black" with Santana, while Cocker tackles Jimi Hendrix's "Little Wing" and Soundgarden frontman Cornell provides vocals on a rendition of Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love". Manzarek joins Santana for a new take on The Doors' "Riders on the Storm", and the guitarist insists the updated version of the song is "really far out and psychedelic".
Santana tells Rolling Stone magazine he was aiming to make a record that would turn women on: "I paid special attention to the groove so the females would get completely aroused." No words on the title and release date for the upcoming album.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly