Nick Jonas Signs Up to Play Marius on West End Stage
Nick Jonas has signed up to appear on the West End stage for a three-week run in June, according to a revered London theater producer. The Jonas Brothers singer is already a Broadway stalwart, having performed in a range of productions on the New York stage as a child before embarking on a pop career with his siblings.
He previously appeared in "Les Miserables" in 2003, and is now set to return to the musical to play Marius in the British capital. Jonas will appear at the British capital's Queen's Theater from June 21 for a three week run, according to theater impresario Sir Cameron Mackintosh.
He tells Britain's Daily Mail, "I went up to him at the closing night party in New York and told him he was terrific and hoped that he would one day return to play Marius. We've been in touch a lot and, of course, since then he has become this world-famous star."
"He and his father and I agreed that it would be great if he came and played Marius here in London. He has bent over backwards to fit it all into his schedule." The 17 year old is expected to jet into the U.K. to start rehearsals at the beginning of June.
More Nick Jonas News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'