Nick Jonas Signs Up to Play Marius on West End Stage
Nick Jonas has signed up to appear on the West End stage for a three-week run in June, according to a revered London theater producer. The Jonas Brothers singer is already a Broadway stalwart, having performed in a range of productions on the New York stage as a child before embarking on a pop career with his siblings.
He previously appeared in "Les Miserables" in 2003, and is now set to return to the musical to play Marius in the British capital. Jonas will appear at the British capital's Queen's Theater from June 21 for a three week run, according to theater impresario Sir Cameron Mackintosh.
He tells Britain's Daily Mail, "I went up to him at the closing night party in New York and told him he was terrific and hoped that he would one day return to play Marius. We've been in touch a lot and, of course, since then he has become this world-famous star."
"He and his father and I agreed that it would be great if he came and played Marius here in London. He has bent over backwards to fit it all into his schedule." The 17 year old is expected to jet into the U.K. to start rehearsals at the beginning of June.
More Nick Jonas News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones