Leonardo DiCaprio Saving Tigers in Asia
Actor Leonardo DiCaprio has launched an organization to help protect endangered tigers. The "Titanic" star has joined forces with the World Wildlife Fund to create Save Tigers Now, with the aim of raising $20 million for the cause.
DiCaprio, who is currently in Asia learning about the declining number of the species, also hopes to double the population of the big cats by 2022. He says, "Tigers are endangered and critical to some of the world's most important ecosystems. Key conservation efforts can save the tiger species from extinction, protect some of the planet's last wild habitats and help sustain the local communities surrounding them."
DiCaprio established himself a reputation as an environmentalist. He was credited for flying on commercial flights instead of chartering private jets.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation