Emma Watson Compares End of 'Harry Potter' to Death
British actress Emma Watson is so devastated the "Harry Potter" franchise is ending, she feels like a friend is dying. The star, who has played Hermione Granger in all the wizard films since 2001, is currently shooting the franchise's final scenes, and Watson admits she'll feel lost when filming wraps.
She says, "None of us could say that we predicted this kind of love and recognition. It's just incredible. I'm just so unbelievably proud to have been part of this. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world."
The savvy star has decided to take a long break when the last film, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", wraps, so she can mourn the loss of the boy wizard and her own character. She adds, "I feel like someone's dying, I know that sounds like an exaggeration but I really do. Iâ��m not planning to do anything this summer - I'm going to need time to collect myself and get myself back together a bit. So I'll take a bit of a break."
And co-star Daniel Radcliffe will also find it difficult to say goodbye to Potter - but he admits he's excited about the new prospects heading his way: "It's going to be bizarre. I'm going to be devastated. It's going to be very, very sad because it's been such an important part of my life. There will never be one scene in any of the Harry Potters that, when I watch it, won't trigger a series of memories about what that day was about and what I was doing. So everything is so linked to my life and growing up."
"But, at the same time, it will be exciting. It puts a pretty nice punctuation mark on my adolescence. I feel grown-up now."
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'