Emma Watson Compares End of 'Harry Potter' to Death
British actress Emma Watson is so devastated the "Harry Potter" franchise is ending, she feels like a friend is dying. The star, who has played Hermione Granger in all the wizard films since 2001, is currently shooting the franchise's final scenes, and Watson admits she'll feel lost when filming wraps.
She says, "None of us could say that we predicted this kind of love and recognition. It's just incredible. I'm just so unbelievably proud to have been part of this. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world."
The savvy star has decided to take a long break when the last film, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", wraps, so she can mourn the loss of the boy wizard and her own character. She adds, "I feel like someone's dying, I know that sounds like an exaggeration but I really do. Iâ��m not planning to do anything this summer - I'm going to need time to collect myself and get myself back together a bit. So I'll take a bit of a break."
And co-star Daniel Radcliffe will also find it difficult to say goodbye to Potter - but he admits he's excited about the new prospects heading his way: "It's going to be bizarre. I'm going to be devastated. It's going to be very, very sad because it's been such an important part of my life. There will never be one scene in any of the Harry Potters that, when I watch it, won't trigger a series of memories about what that day was about and what I was doing. So everything is so linked to my life and growing up."
"But, at the same time, it will be exciting. It puts a pretty nice punctuation mark on my adolescence. I feel grown-up now."
More Emma Watson News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby