Terrence Howard Bonded With Wife Through Mom's Death
Actor Terrence Howard's new wife is an old friend he reconnected and fell in love with after the death of his beloved mother in 2008. The "Iron Man" star, 40, recently let slip he's a married man after exchanging vows with Michelle Ghent in a small Los Angeles ceremony in January.
The news emerged just months after he split from his actress fiancee Zulay Henao, his co-star in 2009 movie "Fighting", and reports suggested his nuptials with Ghent occurred after a whirlwind romance. But Us Weekly magazine reports Howard has known Ghent for years - and he grew close to the 33-year-old while he was mourning the passing of his mum Anita.
A source tells the publication, "They met years ago and reconnected early last year. (They) bonded when she consoled him over the loss of his mother. He feels so lucky."
Howard split from his first wife, Lori McCommas, in 2003 and remarried her in 2005.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'